On Friday, a team of three writers from Concision provided training on writing website content at CDC Enterprise Agency‘s monthly Enterprise Club in Chester-le-Street.
Good writing can mean the difference between success and failure, particularly for small businesses and start-ups – so we were glad to be invited to speak.
At the beginning, Concision’s CEO, Daniel Roe, asked the audience what they hoped he would cover. Here are some of their questions:
- How much website content is enough? How do you avoid saying too much or too little?
- What kind of writing attracts website visitors?
- How does written content affect the way people perceive you?
- What kind of website content converts visitors to clients?
- How do you make sure you produce good content, while also optimising your site for search engines?
We had a chance to address their questions in the two hours’ training that followed.
The challenge for a small business is using just the right words to communicate its message. Too much content, and people lose interest. If it’s bland or confusing, potential clients will look elsewhere.